Ghost Hunting Conclusion: Congress Plaza Hotel
Image: Congress Plaza Hotel lobby, Chicago, Feb. 14, 2013.
Update on 11/2/2013 – I accessed the Chicago Tribune archives to check on these spirits. Not every name was correct, but the events surrounding their deaths seem reasonable. I’ll add the event next to the spirits name. These events did happen, according to the Chicago Tribune.
We do believe the hotel is haunted – no doubt about it. We do want to do some more research around the spirits we encountered. Colleen and Saleen did contact more than the named spirits in the posts. They include:
- Gwinny (Possibly died in the 1946 fire)
- Tonya (Possibly poisoned in 1922)
- Ralphie (Possible suicide in the 1920s)
- James (Possible victim of the 1919 shootings)
- Bell Hop (Tall Man spirit) (Likely murdered in 1921 by his wife in hotel lobby)
- Charlotte (Possible suicide in 1930s)
There were also references to fires in the hotel. It’s possible that some of these people died in a fire. The Congress Plaza Hotel is so old that I’m sure there was a historic event like that and we’ll try to confirm that in a follow-up. We have additional EVP research coming, too. We recorded every minute of the investigation.